JellyPages.com

Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Airplane Trip

Janelle's trip to Orlando included her first time on an airplane.  We live very close to an airport so she was extra excited to fly in one of the planes we see everyday.  Her Make A Wish shirt was noticed as soon as we walked up to the ticket counter.  She was treated like royalty the entire trip while wearing the shirt or button.  The triple ruffle denim pants received a few compliments too.

We went through airport security on the way to Orlando.  Janelle went through the metal detector with me and it went off.  The TSA worker said it was a random selection alarm.  I was sent to have my hand swabbed.  The guy swabbed my hands and ran the wipe through a machine.  I was then told to return to get my things from the tray.  Janelle did not have to remove her shoes because of her age.  She did appear afraid when the guy swabbed my hands.  My suitcase had a TSA checked paper inside of it for each flight.  Andy said it is because I had Ziploc bags full of bottles inside.  I had no clue the hand swabbing could happen.  That was something I never heard of.

 Janelle watched out of the airport window while waiting for the plane to arrive.

Janelle played with her LeapFrog LeapPad while up in the air.  

Janelle enjoyed the flight.  She was singing as we got off of the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment